These guidelines have been created to ensure that participants get the most out of your session. As a speaker of DMTT, you will be required to provide the info listed below by the appropriate due date.
60 days prior to event
- Presentation topic – General topic of your discussion (social media, seo, online ads, etc..)
- Presentation overview – General description of what your presentation will be about
- Topic credibility – Provide 3 – 4 bullets of what makes you credible to present on this topic. We’ll use these items to promote the event. Some examples are: links to published articles/videos, number of years experience, major clients that you’ve worked with, etc..
- Speaker bio – Should be between 75 – 100 words
- Speaker headshot – Must be .JPEG or .PNG format
- Meet with event host – Host will reach out to schedule meeting. The purpose of this meeting is to gain a better understanding of your presentation so that we can promote it to the right audience.
30 days prior to event
- Speaker intro (if applicable) – Our host will use your speaker bio to introduce you to our members. If you would like a different intro than your bio feel free to provide one. Should be between 75 – 100 words.
- Presentation title – Final version of your presentation title. We’ll be using this to post your event. Maximum of 75 characters.
- Presentation details – Final version of your presentation details. We’ll be using this to post your event.
- Meet with event host – Host will reach out directly to schedule meeting. This will be a quick check-in meeting to make sure there are no items needed from the speaker or event host.
1 day prior to event
- Presentation slides – Maximum of 12 slides. Email slides to [email protected]
- We encourage discussion and would request that you avoid reading your presentation word-for-word. It is much more interesting for the audience if you present in a less formal manner.
- We encourage that your presentation goes beyond the surface level of your topic. We find that members enjoy gaining a deeper understanding of the topics being presented.
- We encourage that your presentation provides members with actionable items that they can walk away with and start implementing right away. This could be things such as a new way of thinking or specific tools related to your topic.
- We ask that you keep your presentation to a maximum of 45 minutes and allocate 15 minutes for Q&A. We encourage that you allow for Q&A during the presentation to make it more collaborative and engaging.
- We ask that you arrive 30-minutes prior to the event start time on the day of the event. This helps ensure we have all the items setup and ready to go prior to members showing up.
- We will be sharing your presentation with members. If there are specific slides you don’t want to share, we ask that you remove these prior to sending us the final deck the day before the event.
We ask speakers to promote the event to their social media networks and tag Digital Marketing Topics and Trends on each post. By promoting it to your network, it allows people to become aware of the event that might not have come across elsewhere. Also, tagging Digital Marketing Topics and Trends allows existing members to see the post and increase member awareness and attendance. We ask that you promote the event in the following cadence:
- 14 days before the event
- 7 days before the event
- 2 days before the event
Here’s an example of how the event will be published:
If you have any questions or concerns about any items listed above then contact Daleele Alison at [email protected] or call/text 919-946-8694.
We look forward to having you speak at a future Digital Marketing Topics and Trends event!!